Success means something different to us all. For some, it’s money in the bank, while for others it’s measured by the moments that take our breath away! Perhaps it’s moving up the corporate ladder, starting a new business, achieving a physical goal, or hitting a landmark birthday in a state of utter fulfillment. At the end of the day, there’s only one person that can define your success…YOU!
So…let’s get started. Take a break from your “TO DO” list and focus on your “WHAT I’VE DONE” list! It’s time to have a good close look at the accomplishments that you had over this past year and to build on that momentum for an even more prosperous year ahead.
Crack the spine of that new notebook that’s been sitting on desk, pour a cup of your favourite bevvy and let’s get started on creating your very own success journal.
STEP #1: DEFINE SUCCESS
- What is my version of success?
- Who are my heroes and role models?
- What are the traits that I admire in the people that I respect the most?
STEP #2: LOG ACCOMPLISHMENTS
- What personal traits make me proud?
- What was my proudest moment?
- What were my biggest achievements of 2015?
STEP #3: RECOGNIZE THE PATTERNS
- Where have I been most successful?
- What skills have contributed to my success?
STEP #4: DREAM BIG!
- What would make 2016 my most successful year yet?
- If failing weren’t a possibility, what would I do?
STEP #5: LET GO
- What’s holding me back?
- What do I need to let go of in order to move forward?
STEP #6: START NOW
- What is one small step that I can take today?
If you want to take your success to the next level, this is a great time of year to work with a coach. Coaching works under the premise that all of the answers are within you and the forward momentum comes from setting goals with actionable results. Your true path lives within you; you just need the courage to follow it.